The Daland Memorial Library has some unique features. It is easy to see the uniqueness of the building, but that is not the only unusual feature. The way our library is supported is also different. We have two sets of Trustees.
Current Board Members (elected for a 3 year term)
Cindy Raspiller, Chair Term expires 2019
Jane King, Treasurer Term expires 2020
Jill Weber, Secretary Term expires 2018
The Library Trustees are the elected representatives of the Daland Memorial Library. They are charged, under NH RSA 202:-A, with the overall responsibility for the management of the library. Trustee duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Select, hire and evaluate the Library Director.
- Determine, with the Director, the policies governing the operation of the library.
- Obtain sufficient funding for the operation of the library.
- Advocate and promote the development and improvement of library services.
- Serve as a link between the community and the library.
- Determine, with the Director, priorities for the annual budget and long-range goals and objectives.
- Expend monies raised and appropriated for the support of the library and render accounts and reports as required.
The Library Trustees regularly hold meetings the third Tuesday of each month at 7:30 pm in the library. Meeting Minutes are available at the library during regular business hours.
Sophia Daland Trustees
The Sophia Daland Trustees are appointed by the courts to administer the trust left by Sophia Daland. The current members are:
Anne Dodd, Chair
The Daland Trustees own the library building, while the Town owns the land on which the building sits. The Trust has paid to maintain the property for over 95 years. The Daland Trust pays the bills for electricity, fuel, water, telephone, internet, cleaning, mowing, plowing and other expenses. In addition, they pay for all repairs and upgrades to the building. The Trust often supports the library with funds for unexpected expenses or special projects.